Skip to main content

Continuing our Exploration of Lourdes...

So after spending most part of the day in the Sanctuary, we decided to head out to the town square... to get a feel of authentic French cuisine and to soak in the French atmosphere. 
And we weren't disappointed, the roads are so pretty... and walking along them aimlessly is kinda wonderful. 
Check out the lamp posts in the previous picture. Every freaking lamp has flowers sprouting out of it... whoever thought up this idea has a beautiful soul. Lamps that brighten up streets during the day, pretty cool...
A pretty fountain... ate lunch at a restaurant near this. Quaint little streets with flowering lamps on one side and a trickling fountain nearby.... beautiful times. 
I think my sister ordered this salad... So anyway, at every restaurant we went to, we would ask for the wi-fi password and most restaurants would give them out immediately. So we asked this young man who was waiting on us for the password, he said something quite fast like, 'opencafeviffy'. And we were like what is this, we tried all the combinations of that... nothing worked, so we asked him again and he says the same thing: opencafeviffy. Finally my brother asked him if he could write it down, and this is what he wrote: open-cafe-wifi, and this was enough to start me and nam on one of our laughing spells. From that moment onwards, we too would pronounce wi-fi as viffy...  
I ordered the dish of the day... which was something to do with potatoes,and it was good... anything with potatoes is always good.
Foie gras, fattened liver of a duck or goose... authentic french cuisine.  
Creme Brulee for dessert... 
My brother ordered this dessert platter... miniature quantities of the different desserts... was quite nice.
So while walking, we came across this church...
Apparently this is the church Bernadette frequented when she was small... 
Pretty stained glass windows...
The baptismal font where Bernadette was baptised...
A rather lovely picture of a fish and the waves of the sea...
My brother lighting a candle....
At night we decided to watch the rosary procession from the upper level of the Rosary basilica... 
and it was wonderful, watching the sea of flickering candles slowly draw near ...
We held our own candles and sang hymns (I think you have to sign into Instagram to view this link) inscribed on the sides of the candle paper cups....

It was a beautiful couple of days in Lourdes, we shopped a lot... this place is great for shopping! Lots of cute and pretty souvenirs to bring home for others. I don't know if you remember my Christmas crib, but the angels spreading light were picked up at Lourdes. This whole trip was so much fun even before it started, there were a few moments of panic at the airport when we realised that one ticket was missing, only to realise much later that my brother had printed on both sides of the paper. In Lourdes while walking around with my sister and brother, I dropped my bags and tried to get away from them once... I almost peed in my pants because of them. They were hilarious, and I couldn't control my laughter... I knew I had to get away from them and calm my self. So there I am trying to walk away and not listen to what they are saying, when they come running behind me, put their arms on my shoulder and Nam starts making the peeing sound (suuuu shuuuu suuu) while Vinod pushes my stomach in, squeezing my bladder... and all the while I am praying and running towards the hotel, trying to put some distance between us. After this, I always drank less water when I knew I would have to spend the whole day with them....
Had a wonderful and blessed time at Lourdes, here's wishing all my readers (not to forget the spammers) peace, joy and hope all the days of your life... 

Comments

Unknown said…
Very Nice :):):)
mahesh said…
Super :) :) :) the dessert platter is yummy :) the pic of your brother lighting the candle is a very poignant one! Lost in this thoughts and prayers a nice pic :)

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Ad....

Wouldn't you say so... Nam and me were in this huge clothing store and we were making fun of all the models on display (there was one of hrithik in which he looked kinda gayish) when we came across this one. Seriously, dark people are more better looking....

Tawusi Melek: The Peacock Angel

The Last Girl (2017) by a Yezidi survivor, Nadia Murad, is filled with the bone-chilling sort of evil that the ISIS is synonymous with. Nadia poignantly captures the plight of her Yazidi village, Kocho, as the threat of ISIS looms large in the distance before becoming a reality. As with the Holocaust, no one really anticipates the amount or intensity of evil that could reside in the indoctrinated hearts of men. Otherwise, nobody would willingly stay back in their towns or villages waiting for the genocide of their race. One of Nadia’s brother’s, Hezni, did try to go Germany, by crossing the northern Iraqi border on foot into Turkey, from where they (the brother and a few others) made their way to Istanbul, then paid a smuggler to take them into Greece. But they were discovered and had to spend a horrible time in prison. So, the fact is people did try to leave, but like Nadia explains, it isn’t easy to leave the only place one has ever known. I still think that being forced to

A tribute to the crazy bunch....

Here are a few picutres that won't find a place in the wedding album... but they were equally (some of them, even more) memorable. Everybody loves sunoj.... I was so happy to see them all...... (first time they were coming to my new place) Sunoj again.... hanging out with this guy is like shopping, ice cream, chocolates... etc. You can't get enough of them. The crazy cousins gave us a very interesting gift... this gift will be with us for six months then it will start its cycle of educating the owners. Though I doubt my cousins need much education in that department. It was fun opening the book and Jardin being the smart guy wanted somethin read from page 69. It was so cute the way Sunoj quickly picked up "The Magic Faraway Tree Series" from the corner and gave me to hold up when Robert uncle walked into the room (turns out he was the one who bought the book). I still remember Robert uncle laughing his head off.... good times. This wa